Outlook gives you an excellent way for you to not only remember, but to create the important meetings, whether they are for work purposes or just something personal. Outlook gives you the ability to manage, create and send a request for this meetings, and keep track of who gets to be invited and if it ends ups being canceled.
With the use of the Scheduling Assistant that the platform includes, you will have no kind of trouble when you have to do something for that matter. It’s a very simple thing to do, so you won’t have any problem trying to understand this platform. Below we will show exactly the steps that you need to follow to be able to do this.
How to schedule a meeting in Outlook
The first thing that you need to do is, of course, enter Outlook like you would normally do, after that click on the Home tab and go to the New group, and then go to New Items and then just click on Meet.
After you’ve done that you just need to go to Calendar and click on New Meeting, then a little box labeled as will show up on screen, and in there you can add all the users that you want to send a request for this meeting. And then in the Subject and Location boxes, you have to fill it out so the other contacts will know what the meeting will be about, and where it will be happening.
After writing down all that information, you will have to enter an end and start time, there is even an option for that to be an ‘All day event’. If you decide to click on Scheduling assistant, this will analyze what locations are free, and the time that the other contacts have available, so it’s a more effective way to do this. And after you are done doing all of this you can just click on Send.
Add another contact to an already existing meeting
Sometimes you will have to add another person to a meeting that was already created and there are two ways to do that below we will show you what steps you have to follow with both.
If you are the one who created the meet:
- If you created the meeting in the first place, it might be a little simpler for you to do this, the first thing you need to is double-click on the meeting, and then go to the To line or in the scheduling assistant to add the other person.
- After selecting the person you will click on send.
- After doing that two options will show up, you can click on whichever you want. If you want to send this to the person you added just click on send updates only to added or deleted attendees.
If you’re not the one who created the meeting
- The first thing that you need to do is open the meet request, once you are In there click on the Respond group, and then click on Forward and add the person you want to add.
- After selecting the person click on send, and the platform will send a notification to the creator of the meet.